Smartfrog is a tech startup focused on the “Internet of Things”, which is about making everyday objects more intelligent and connected to the internet, enabling the user to access them from anywhere at any time. We want the latest technologies to be affordable and user-friendly, so that our everyday lives become more comfortable, more efficient and more secure. Are you the kind of person who gets excited by new challenges? Do you want to help us find innovative solutions to those challenges? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What we offer
- A dynamic office environment at an international tech startup in the heart of Berlin
- The chance to help build an exciting new brand and develop new products
- A young and agile business with flat hierarchies
- Great potential to develop your career
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- Attractive compensation package
Start: ASAP; Full Time
As a product owner, you will be responsible for defining, testing and delivering a constantly optimized frontend experience that aligns with our vision and positively impacts our customers and overall business. To be successful, you will need to bring a creative vision, superior problem-solving skills, great product instincts, and have the ability to get things done. What you’ll do:
- Have full ownership of the Interfacing Domain in charge of our mobile and web frontend components.
- Translate research and product metrics into hypothesis, as well as the product strategy into detailed requirements, epics and stories as basis for development.
- Focus on user experience and develop products that users are really passionate about.
- Scope and prioritize development activities while following the best practices in agile S/W development.
- Assume end-to-end responsibility for products from idea to the actual launch.
- Strongly cooperate with Marketing, Sales and others to assure that products meet customer requirements
- Build awareness and understanding of products internally, with external partners and customers.
- Continuously track key metrics and validate the success of the product/features, while creating new hypotheses to kick-start continuous product enhancement projects.
- Travel globally as needed to meet with various stakeholders as well as attend relevant industry conferences.
- Strong and proven work experience in delivering highly successful consumer products with demonstrable and measurable results(2-4 years). Product management experience creating user flows, wireframes and prototypes with a leading tech company or an early/growth stage funded startup strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of technical product owner experience working with a full stack team to deliver custom web and applications using Scrum. Experience in Swift and Object C for iOS, as well as Java and Kotlin for Android is highly preferred.
- Sharp. You think on your feet, quickly come up with innovative solutions and you are always one step ahead.
- Consumer-centric. Empathetic towards the customer with the ability to put yourself in their shoes.
- Doer. Proactive, and strongly willing to do what it takes to take a product from concept to launch.
- Strong analytical background with the ability to find data, identify and run tests, distil the results quickly and turn it into actionable insights which can be implemented by the team.
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA or equivalent to manage backlogs and document features.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Extra Bonus points if you:
- Have a strong experience in mobile, or possess a background in mobile development.
- Have a strong familiarity using iTunes connect and the Google Play Console.
- Have worked with audio/video streaming protocols (WebRTC, RTSP, RTP, etc.) and video players.
How to apply
Are you interested in joining the Smartfrog team? Please send your CV with a short cover letter including salary indication and your portfolio (github, websites) to Sergio Flores, firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to get to know you!