Smartfrog is a tech startup focused on the “Internet of Things”, which is about making everyday objects more intelligent and connected to the internet, enabling the user to access them from anywhere at any time. We want the latest technologies to be affordable and user-friendly, so that our everyday lives become more comfortable, more efficient and more secure.
Are you the kind of person who gets excited by new challenges? Do you want to help us find innovative solutions to those challenges? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What we offer:
- A dynamic office environment at an international tech startup in the heart of Berlin
- The chance to help build an exciting new brand and develop new products
- A young and agile business with flat hierarchies
- Great potential to develop your career
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- Attractive compensation package
Start: ASAP; full-time
The Smartfrog Group’s Product & Technology team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for senior project managers to help us scale. You will partner directly with our product management and engineering team to support the execution of big impact, complex projects that support our goals. You will also lead the creation of relevant documentation, deliver effective and clear communication of progress/status, as well as drive the overall delivery of the initiative(s). To be successful, you will need to bring a creative vision, superior problem-solving skills, great product instincts, and have the ability to get things done. In more detail, what you’ll do:
- Work with stakeholders from cross-functional teams (Product & Technology, Marketing, Finance, etc.) and external partners to clarify project goals and objectives, scope, expected outcomes and coordinate the resources needed to support.
- Proactively identify project risks and work with stakeholders to mitigate and ensure achievement of business objectives and priorities.
- Assist Product Owners as needed with managing projects as we work through the various work streams:
- Problem definition and requirements gathering
- PRD development and alignment with the engineering team, etc.
- Identify, create and manage key project success criteria/metrics (KPIs) across teams to accurately report project performance.
- Develop and maintain a repository for all project-related communications including work products, tracking logs, and reporting tools to communicate status and deliverables.
- Conduct regular/scheduled project team meetings and produce timely project updates (i.e. PRDs updates, project plans, team action items, team risks log, team status reporting, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience managing moderate to complex projects.
- Plenty of experience working with cross-functional teams while handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented and analytical; able to communicate and comprehend technical information in both written and oral form and keep track of large quantities of data.
- Capable of effectively facilitating meetings as well as, developing and executing detail-oriented project plans with deliverables and manageable goals broken down from complex problems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying project management methodologies to successfully deliver projects on time, within budget, and within scope.
- Demonstrated effectiveness with oral and written communication skills with proven experience presenting project information to representative from all levels of the organization.
- Clear and precise communication. Track record of working with multiple teams across geo and time zone.
- Proficiency with IoT products and applications is preferred.
Extra Bonus points if you
- Have a strong awareness of the market dynamics and product trends in the Smart Home and IoT market.
- Have a well-rounded experience in all areas of software and hardware design, as well as manufacturing.
- Have working knowledge of the product development life cycle and experience in taking a product from concept through development and deployment.
How to apply
Are you interested in joining the Smartfrog team? Please send your CV with a short cover letter including salary indication and your portfolio (GitHub, websites) to Sergio Flores, firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to get to know you!