Zentrale Message mE:
More than half of all online teens who go online create content for the internet. Among internet-using teens, 57% (or 50% of all teens, roughly 12 million youth) are what might be called Content Creators. They report having done one or more of the following content- creating activities: create a blog; create a personal webpage; create a webpage for school, a friend, or an organization; share original content they created themselves online; or remix content found online into a new creation.
Und allgemein zu den Bloggern, die – eigentlich selbstredend – heavy Internet User sind:
Bloggers and to a lesser extent teens who read blogs are internet omnivores who explore, play with, utilize and generally inhabit the internet with a greater abandon than their less blog-savvy counterparts.. They help adults do things online. They have more technological tools such as cell phones and PDAs and are more likely to use them to go online.
– The most popular Content Creating activities are sharing self-authored content and working on webpages for others.
– 33% of online teens share their own creations online, such as artwork, photos, stories, or videos.
– 32% say that they have created or worked on webpages or blogs for others, including those for groups they belong to, friends or school assignments.
– 22% report keeping their own personal webpage.
– 19% have created their own online journal or blog.
– About one in five internet-using teens (19%) says they remix content they find online into their own artistic creations.
Und speziell zur Weblognutzung:
Teens are much more likely than adults to blog and they are also more likely to read blogs. Blogs are a type of webpage, typically created and maintained with software that allows internet users to easily post material to a webpage, usually displaying the material in reverse chronological order with the newest items at the top.
– 19% of online youth ages 12-17 have created their own blog. That is approximately four million people.
– 38% of all online teens, or about 8 million young people, say they read blogs.
– 7% of adult internet users say they have created their own blog and 27% of online
adults say they read blogs. (Note: Data for adult blog readers comes from the May-June 2005 Pew Internet Project Tracking Survey.)
– Teens are more likely than adults to author or read blogs. While one teen in five keeps a blog, about 7% of adult internet users say the same. While close to two in five teens (38%) read blogs, only about a quarter (27%) of online adults do so. 4
Deine Jobbörse in der Digital-Welt
Wir tun jeden Tag, was wir lieben. Das kannst du auch! Über 20.000 Traumjobs in der IT- und Digital-Welt warten nur auf dich in der BASIC thinking-Jobbörse. Gleich reinschauen und entdecken!